Fear not, there is a way to pin your Instagram photos to your favorite pinboards. It takes a bit more of an effort, but it is worth it. Instagram photos look great on Pinterest and definitely attract a great deal of engagement.
Here is how you do it:
- Take the picture on your mobile device using Instagram manipulate it with filters, cropping, etc and then post it like you normally would.
- Goto Pinterest's Goodies page and add the "Pin It" bookmarklet to your browser's bookmark bar.
- Goto Statigr.am and sign up for an account. Once you do and login, you will see your new Statigram dashboard.
- Click on "My Photos" and your Instagram photo feed will appear.
- Click on the "Pin It" bookmarklet and you will get a popup that displays all of your Instagram photos.
- Select the photo you want to pin, pick the board using the drop-down, fill in the caption and submit.
- You will then have the additional option of tweeting the pin or posting it to Facebook.
This process probably sounds more difficult that it really is. It shouldn't take you more than a few minutes to complete. Once you have done it once and have the bookmarklet installed and Statigram account setup, it should be simple to pin more photos. Since not many people are currently pinning Instagram photos, they really stand out in a user's feed.
Try it out. Let me know if it works for you!